Heading into the Summer break, the weekly calendar of events for the months of June and July have been altered slightly. These changes impact primarily Wednesday and Thursday schedules and are included in the weekly calendar; however, I want to list them here since some special events are coming up:
• Wednesday evenings remain as usual through the month of June, with the exception of choir rehearsal being moved from Wednesday evening to Sunday at 10:15 a.m. for June and July. In July, we will not have the weekly Fellowship Supper and Bible Study.
• The Communion Service on Thursday evenings in Memorial Chapel will have a break in June and will resume July 5 at 5:30 p.m.
• There are several special events in June and July offering wonderful opportunities for great fellowship and involvement in our community such as:
◦ June 9, 5:00 p.m.– Central Alabama Pride Parade in the Lakeview District – Those who participated last year found it to be a wonderful time of fellowship and a great time to take part in a fun community event while promoting our mission of “Building an Inclusive Community of Grace.” Details about this event are listed below.
◦ July 4, 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.— Fellowship and Fireworks on the 10th court lawn. We will gather for some watermelon and other refreshments as we celebrate Independence Day and watch the Thunder on the Mountain fireworks show.
◦ July 18, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.– Lunch at “The Club” and a visit to the newly renovated Vulcan Park and Museum. More details on this event to come.
◦ July 26, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. – Ice Cream Fellowship and game night following the Communion Service.
There are other special events yet to be confirmed, and Information about them will be forth coming. I hope and pray that these special opportunities for fellowship, study, worship and outreach to our community will deepen our commitment to one another, enriching our lives and communicating the love of God to our community and beyond.